It is easy to get lost in the day to day grind, but looking back on 2022 as whole makes me realize what an amazing year it has been. We have once again been fortunate enough to travel to some amazing places, some new, and some more familiar. We have seen gorgeous scenery, and have ate some amazing food along the way. We have camped, Airbnb-ed, adults only resorts, and luxury hotels. We took a trip to Texas hill country just the two of us, met family high in the San Juan mountains of Colorado, and went with some dear friends to Rocky Mountain National Park.
2022s best places we stayed in no particular order…
- The Imogene Hotel, Ouray Colorado. The Imogene is located on downtown Main Street, within walking distance of bars, restaurants, and shopping. We stayed in the mountain queen room and it was spectacular. https://theimogene.com
- Stonebrook resort, Estes Park Colorado. Stonebrook resort is adults only located on Fall River just outside of downtown Estes Park. We stayed in cabin 15, a two bedroom cabin with kitchen, fireplace, and private hot tub. https://www.stonebrookresort.com
- Agave nest cottage, Fredericksburg Texas. We found the Agave Nest cabin on Airbnb. It was one block off of Main Street, it was quaint, had a kitchenette, one bedroom with a bonus sitting area.
- Loews Hotel, Kansas City Missouri. We visit Kansas City several times a year and have stayed at many different hotels, but none compare to the Loews. It is a luxury hotel located in the crossroads district, just blocks away from the T-mobile Center. We were lucky enough to stay there during our favorite time of year, Christmas and it was spectacular. https://www.loewshotels.com/kansas-city-hotel
2022s best meals (in no particular order)…
- Franklin Barbecue, Austin Texas. Franklins is probably the most well Barbecue restaurant in the world, people come from all over the globe to try Franklins brisket. https://franklinbbq.com
- Secret Stash Pizza, Crested Butte Colorado. Secret Stash is located on Elk Avenue in the heart of Crested Butte. It is one of the more popular restaurants in town so the wait can be long, but it is worth it. http://www.secretstash.com
- Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ, Austin Texas. We were at Valentina’s for breakfast and it was amazing. If I had to choose a last meal the breakfast taco I had that morning at Valentina’s would be on the menu. https://www.valentinastexmexbbq.com
- Coffee on the Rocks, Estes Park Colorado. Coffee on the Rocks is a top notch spot to grab a cup of coffee, but what makes special is the ambiance. Get your coffee, head to the pond, feed the ducks, watch the elk, and enjoy the mountain surrounding. https://coffeeontherocks.co/?fbclid=IwAR3xzK_Zm4yrbFVmJOFOXt1XJnR0QY7c4rcaZ9cquFRHGsxE1AC-qWFH6Lg
- Hitchin’ Post Steakhouse, Fredericksburg Texas. After a day of wine tasting the steak fingers at the Hitchin’ post really hit the spot for dinner. https://www.hitchinpoststeakhousefbg.com
There are many things to look forward to in 2023 and some planning has already begun. A trip to three national parks has been booked. A few shorter trips to Kansas City are on the calendar. A fall winter trip is currently being discussed, but of all I want to enjoy the day to day. I want be more consistent with posting blogs, cook more, make more videos, focus on a healthier lifestyle, be more present everyday and not get lost in the daily grind of work. I hope everyone makes 2023 a year to remember.